The Excel V + laser
The Excel V laser consists of two lasers – the 532 nm diode laser and the 1064nm infra-red Nd-YAG laser within the laser console. This allows the Excel V laser to safely and effectively treat a wide range of vascular and benign pigmented skin conditions on men and women of all skin tones.
Conditions treated by the Excel V+ Laser
The Excel V laser has been shown to effectively treat a number of conditions including:
- Diffuse redness of the face and neck skin
- Spider veins, facial and leg veins (red and blue)
- Venous lake (purple vessels on the lips)
- Red Birthmarks: Port wine stain, cherry angiomas, haemangiomas
- Benign brown spots: Sun spots, age spots, freckles
- Fine lines, pores and skin texture
- Skin rejuvenation
- Photodamaged skin
- Scars and keloids
The Excel V+ laser technology
- The Excel V + laser treats vascular conditions by administering a high-power green 532nm or 1064nm infrared laser lights that is absorbed by the abnormal blood vessels in the skin. The 532nm and the 1064nm wavelength laser light heat the abnormal vessels causing the vein walls to collapse and seal shut. Over time, the vessels will no longer be visible. Several treatments may be necessary to achieve the desired result.
- The Excel V+ sapphire contact cooling hand piece (coolview) delivers consistent cooling before, during and after each pulse. The temperature can be adjusted from 5-20 degrees Celsius to treat the different indications. The cooling prevents overheating the surface skin as well as provides comfort
- Besides vascular conditions, the Excel V 532nm laser light can also be absorbed by abnormal skin pigments and can safely remove pigmented skin conditions.
- The Excel V 1064nm Nd-YAG laser stimulates collagen and rejuvenates the skin, smoothing out fine lines, wrinkles and scars
- Using both laser lights together, the Excel V can safely remove both vascular and pigmented conditions as well as rejuvenate skin in the same setting.
The Excel V + Laser treatment procedure
- Usually no anaesthesia is required
- The laser uses a proprietary cooling mechanism during treatment. The Coolview integrated sapphire cooling optimizes patient’s comfort and safety by providing bulk cooling before, during and after laser energy
- The laser light is targeted to the affected areas until
- The abnormal vessels diminish
- The brown spots are lightened
- The skin has a pink hue.
- During treatment, you may experience a stinging sensation as the pulses of laser energy are delivered
- Post laser there is minimal downtime and you can resume normal activities
- The number of treatment sessions depend on the skin condition. Superficial vessels or brown spots may be cleared in a single treatment. Generally, several treatment sessions are required
The Excel V + Laser to treat bruises
Bruises occur after trauma or after cosmetic injection procedures or after surgery. Using the Excel V laser, bruises generally subside after 1-2 sessions.