Dr Joyce Lim is an accredited dermatologist with both the MOH in Singapore and in Malaysia. Dr Joyce Lim has over 30 years of experience treating medical and cosmetic skin problems in both children and adults.
Medical Training and Practice
Dr Joyce Lim graduated from the Medical Faculty, University of Malaya in 1978. She completed her Internal Medicine specialization and was admitted as a physician member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ireland. Thereafter she served as a consultant physician with the Ministry of Health, Malaysia till 1988. Dr Lim was subsequently conferred the Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ireland in 1992.
Dr Joyce Lim completed her dermatological training at the National Skin Centre, Singapore in 1991 and went on to sub specialise in dermatologic surgery and laser surgery. She also did preceptorships under renowned dermatologists/dermatologic and laser surgeons in both Europe and the USA.
Dr Joyce Lim was the first Division Head, Dermatologic and Laser Surgery at the National Skin Centre, Singapore till 2000 when she left to start her own practice, the Joyce Lim Skin and Laser Clinic at the Paragon in Orchard Road, Singapore.
Education and Research
Besides her dermatology practice Dr Joyce Lim is active in teaching and conducts workshops (medical and public) and scientific meetings. She has contributed to scientific journals and book chapters. Together with a few dermatologists, Dr Joyce Lim had started teaching groups to teach young doctors and also subspecialty groups for experienced dermatologists
She was an adjunct professor with the School of Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetics and Regenerative Medicine, UCSI University KL from 2011-2013.
Dr Joyce Lim was the past president of the Dermatological Society of Singapore from 1996-2000.
Dr Joyce Lim is an appointed member of the Pigment Disorders Academy (PDA) since its inception in 2003. The PDA is a group of renowned dermatologists worldwide who have special interests in pigmentary disorders and who meet regularly to exchange information and discuss issues relating to skin pigmentary problems. From such meetings various scientific papers have been published.
Dr Joyce Lim is one of the founding directors of the Asian Dermatologic Laser and Surgery Research Group (ADLAS). ADLAS was formed in 2005 by a group of dermatologists to organise yearly meetings for dermatologists from the region (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Hongkong and the Philippines) to share their experiences and exchange professional opinions on laser treatments, skin surgery and aesthetic dermatological procedures of the Asian skin.
Dr Joyce Lim is also one of the founding directors of Aesthetic Dermatology Educational Group (ADEG), a group of like- minded dermatologists who are interested in teaching doctors on aesthetic procedures. The ADEG is recognised by the Singapore Medical Council to conduct courses and to issue certificates of competence for doctors who wish to learn aesthetic procedures.
Besides organising workshops and scientific meetings as well as webinars, Dr Joyce Lim is often invited to speak at local, regional and international Dermatological conferences and also Aesthetic and Surgery Conferences
Joyce Lim Skin and Laser Clinic is a skin specialist clinic established in 2000 to provide comprehensive skin and aesthetic treatments. This practice enjoys an internationally recognized reputation built up over the past years.
We offer the following treatments:
- Diagnose and treat medical skin, hair and nail problems
- Correct aesthetic skin concerns
- Improving the health of the skin
The Joyce Lim Skin and Laser clinic is located in the heart of vibrant Singapore along Orchard Road at the Paragon Medical Centre (unit 11-16 to 20). We have a spacious interior developed with your comfort in mind. Within the clinic we have safe and effective lasers and equipments to treat both medical and cosmetic skin problems. All our lasers are FDA approved and HSA registered and all laser treatments are performed by a dermatologist.
Every patient is seen by Dr Joyce Lim, a dermatologist accredited with the Academy of Medicine, Singapore and she is among the nation’s trainers in aesthetic and laser procedures. Her expertise includes treating medical skin, hair and nail conditions as well as performing aesthetic skin and laser procedures. The clinic provides non-surgical, minimally invasive procedures without general anaesthesia for facial and body enhancement and rejuvenation.
Our nurses and clinic assistants are familiar with skin and hair problems as well as the numerous procedures performed by the dermatologist in the clinic. They are available to answer any questions you may have and ensure that you receive the best care and have a fulfilling experience. They are dedicated to assist you in achieving beautiful and healthy skin, hair and nails.
Come by and let us
- Assist you in overcoming your medical skin conditions
- Assist you to a younger and healthier skin in a natural non invasive way
Our practice philosophy is to provide effective scientifically proven treatments that is individualised to your needs.
DR. JOYCE LIM
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Malaya)
- Fellow, Royal College of Physician and Surgeon, Ireland
- Fellow, Academy of Medicine (Dermatology), Singapore
- Dermatologist at Joyce Lim Skin and Laser Clinic
- Council Member, Asian Dermatological Congress
- Member, Pigment Disorder Academy
- Director, Asian Dermatological Laser and Surgery Research and Study Group
- Director, Aesthetic Dermatology Educational Group
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Fellow, American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgey
- Fellow, American Society of Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Fellow, International Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Fellow, International Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgeon
- Fellow, International Society of Cosmetic Dermatology
- Member, Asia Pacific Academy of Antiageing Medicine
- Member, European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
- Member, European Society for Laser and Energy based Devices
- Hon Fellow, Philippines Dermatology Society
- Member, Dermatological Society of Malaysia
- Member, Dermatological Society of Singapore
Dr Joyce Lim is active in research and education and is often invited as a speaker at local, regional and international conferences.
She has published numerous papers in scientific journals either as first author or co-authors Among some of the publications are :
- JTE Lim, CL Goh Co-existing follicular mucinosis and mycosis fungoides (A case report). Ann Acad Med Sing 1990; 19:295-298.
- JTE Lim, T Thirumoorthy The changing patterns of scabies among in-patients in Singapore (1982-1989) Sing Med J 1991; 32:121-122.
- JTE Lim, SN Tham Pityriasis rubra pilaris in Singapore. Cl and Exp Dermatol 1991; 16:181-184.
- JTE Lim, CL Goh, CT Lee Perioral and mucosa oedema due to contact allergy to proflavine. Contact Derm 1991; 25:195-196.
- CL Goh, WK Wong, JTE Lim Cetrizine vs placebo in chronic idiopathic urticaria – a double blind randomised cross-over study. Ann Acad Med Sing 1991; 20:328-330.
- JTE Lim, CL Goh, SK Ng, WK Wong. Changing trends in the epidemiology of contact dermatitis in Singapore. Contact Derm 1992; 26:321-326.
- JTE Lim, SK Ng. Oral tetracycline rinse improves symptoms of white sponge nevus. J Am Acad Derm 1992; 26:1003-1005.
- JTE Lim, HL Chan. Fixed drug eruption to co-trimoxazole. Ann Acad Med Sing 1992; 21:408-410.
- JTE Lim, CL Goh. Carbon dioxide laser treatment for periungual and subungual warts. Australas J Dermatol 1992; 21:781-784.
- JTE Lim, CL Goh, HC Chua. Pattern of Dermatophyte infection in Singapore. Ann Acad Med Sing 1992; 21:781-784.
- JTE Lim, SK Ng, CL Goh. Contact cheilitis in Singapore. Contact Derm 1992; 27:263-264.
- JTE Lim, HC Chua, CL Goh. Dermatophyte and non-dermatophyte onychomycois in Singapore. Australas J Dermatol 1992; 33:159-163.
- JTE Lim, T Tan. Efficiacy and saftery of multidrug therapy in paucibillary leprosy in Singapore. Leprosy review 1993; 64:136-141.
- JTE Lim, CL Goh. Lasers used in Dermatology. Ann Acad Med Sing 1994; 23:52-59.
- JTE Lim, SK Ng. An unusual drug eruption to ampicillin. Cutis 1995; 56:163-164.
- JTE Lim, SN Tham. Glycolic acid peels in the treatment of melasma among Asian women. Dermatol Surg 1997; 23:177-179
- SH Chua, JTE Lim, CB Ang. Cutaneous vasculitis seen at a tertiary skin referral centre in Singapore. Sing Med J 1999;40: 147-150
- JTE Lim. Treatment of Melasma Using Kojic Acid in a gel containing hydroquinone and glycolic acid Dermatol Surg 1999; 25:282-284
- E Tan, SH Chua, JTE Lim Retrospective study of Behcet’s Disease seen at the National Skin Centre, Singapore Ann Acad Med Sing 1999; 28: 440-444
- E Tan, SH Chua, JTE Lim A prospective study of treatment of keloids: Topical silicone gel sheeting versus intralesional injections of triamcinolone J of Dermatol Treatment 199;10:251-254
- JTE Lim. Repigmentation of Vitiligo with Autologous Blister – induced epidermal Grafts. Ann Acad Med Sing 1999; 28:824-8
- E Tan, SH Chua, JTE Lim, CL Goh Malignant melanoma see at a tertiary dermatological center, Singapore Ann Acad Med Sing 2001;30:414-418
- Taylor S, Westerhof W, Im S, Lim J Non-invasive techniques for the evaluation of skin colour J Am Acad Dermatol 2006;54:S282-90 review
- Taylor S, Grimes P, Lim J, Im S, Liu H Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation J Cut Med Surg 2009;13: 183-92 Review
- Ortone JP, Lim J et al A global survey of the role of ultraviolet radiation and hormonal influences in the development of melasma. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2009 Nov;23(11):1254-62
- KTD Loh, JJ Chua, HM Lee, JTE Lim, G Chuah, B Yim, BK Puah Prevention and management of vision loss relating to facial filler injections Sing Med J 2016;57(8): 438-443
- JTE Lim et al Efficacy and patient satisfaction with inconbotulinumtoxin A for the treatment of glabellar frown line Sing Med J 2017;58(10):606-609
- JTE Lim Treating Striae Distensae Albae in Asians: Efficacy and Safety of Combined MFU-V and CaHA Plast Reconstructive Surg Glob Open 2021;9:1-6
- JY Park JTE Lim et al Insights on Skin Quality and Clinical Practice Trends in Asia Pacific and a Practical Guide to Good Skin Quality from the Inside Out J of Cosmet and Aesthetic Derm 2022;15(6) 10-21
- JTE Lim Safety and efficacy of superficial micro-focused ultrasound with visualisation for melasma in Asians: an uncontrolled pilot study J of Cosmetc Dermatol 2023; 00:1-10
- SR Desai, JTE Lim et al Optimizing Melasma Management With Topical Tranexamic Acid: An Expert Consensus J Drugs Dermatol 2023;22(4);386-392
Dr Joyce Lim has also contributed book chapters in dermatology, cosmetic and lasers dermatology.
- JTE Lim Microdermabrasion in Aesthetics and Cosmetic Surgery for Darker Skin Types Chapter 16 Page 147- 153 Lippincott Wand W USA 2008
- JTE Lim, YC Chan Common Skin diseases and Treatments in Asia in Dermatology for skin of colour Chapter 80 Page 611- 625 McGrawHill Medical USA 2009
- Lin YJ, Lim JTE, Chan HH Treatment of melasma in Cosmetic Dermatology for skin of colour Chapter 15 Page 116-124 Mcgraw Hill Medical USA 2009 ISBN: 978-0-07-148776-4
- JTE Lim Intense Pulse light devices in the Asian skin in Textbook of Laser and Light Dermatology in the Asian Skin Chapter 11 Page 107-120 World Scientific USA 2011
- JTE Lim, SE Choon Mainland Southeast Asia International Dermatology in Dermatology for Skin of colour Section 13 Chapter 89 page 634-647 McGraw Hill Medical USA Second Edition 2016
- CL Goh, JTE Lim Chemical peel in Rook’s Textbook pf Dermatology Ninth edition Part 14th Aesthetic Dermatology Chapter 159 John Wiley and Son Inc 2015