The ADVATx laser is a dual wavelength laser that combines 2 lasers delivering the yellow 589 nm and the infra-red 1319 nm laser wavelengths. It has over 15 US FDA/CE cleared indications to treat the following conditions.
- Inflammatory acne
- Reduction of pore size
- Reduction of acne scars
- Skin rejuvenation
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Melasma and skin pigmentation
- Birthmarks – Port wine stains, Haemangioma
- Vascular problems – spider veins, venous lake, angiomas
- Red and hypertrophic scars
- Stretch marks
The ADVATx technology
- ADVATx uses a patented pulse synchronization (PulSync) technology to generate a pulse train of light from 2 laser modules, the 1064nm and the 1319 nm laser
- The yellow 589 nm laser light penetrates down to 0.5mm and targets haemoglobin to treat any vascular problems
- The infra-red 1319 nm laser light penetrates down to 1mm and is selectively absorbed in water and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. It also targets the sebaceous glands and improves acne and pore size
- The laser light is delivered as a single spot or fractionated delivery via a scanner handpiece. The scanner delivers different scan patterns to tailor to the different areas being treated
- To minimise discomfort and side-effects to surrounding tissue, ADVATx employs Quasi Continuous Wave pulsing for the 589nm light, where multiple pulses of energy are closely delivered and the skin perceived the multiple pulses of energy as a single pulse.
- The 1319 nm laser light is delivered as a continuous wave allowing for controlled, gradual bulk heating of tissue for collagen production and for reduction of sebum production from the sebaceous glands
The ADVATx laser procedure
- The procedure is comfortable and does not need anaesthesia
- The eyes are protected by safety laser goggles
- The laser beam is delivered across the skin in a to and fro motion
- The 2 laser lights are delivered one after the other
- You may feel a warm sensation during treatment
- There may be a mild redness seen but this will subside within the next hour.
- You can resume normal activities after the treatment.