Cryomodulation uses controlled cooling to address a variety of skin-related concerns
- Cryomodulation uses cold to treat skin lesions, redness, inflammation, and more, and with no downtime. The treatment is gentle on the skin without the associated scabbing that is seen with laser treatments.
- Cryomodulation treatments work on all skin types and help with inflammation that you might see in conditions like melasma and rosacea.
- Crypmodulation is a very pleasant experience for the patient.
- Crymodulation is FDA-cleared to remove benign lesions and temporarily reduce pain, swelling and inflammation, as well as perform general dermabrasion.
Mechanism of action of cryomodulation
- Cryomodulation is a painless process of temporarily pausing melanin transfer from the melanocyte to the keratinocyte. As new epidermal cells form, it infuses no extra pigment as they replace older surface cells. These clearer cells display a more even skin tone minus the disruption of age spots.
- Historically, heat has been a problem because it can cause more inflammation and pigment by exciting the melanocytes. Cryomodulation does not cause the same destruction or inflammation that heat does. It works on the cellular level to help decrease the production of melanin within the melanocytes. It downregulates inflammation by controlling the production of cytokines, decreasing pro-inflammatory mediators and increasing anti-inflammatory mediators”
There are two modalities of cryomodulation
- Focused Cryomodulation addresses benign lesions of the skin, such as age spots. The device freezes the target area and, in a controlled manner, modulates the skin to remove those lesions.
- Global Cryomodulation, is a five-step skin rejuvenation protocol that integrates skincare into the treatment.
This page provides information about
It does not provide medical advice.
If you have any inquiry on
kindly get a consultation with Dr Joyce Lim.