Non-surgical skin tightening procedures deliver heat energy to target and heat deeper layers of the skin, and stimulate collagen and elastin production. Gradually the skin tone and texture improved. Some treatments also affect fibrous tissue with the improvement in cellulite
Advantages of non-surgical skin tightening
- Tightens mild to moderate loose skin on the face, neck and body
- Little or no downtime
- Minimal side-effects
- In some, a noticeable “lifting” effect may be seen
Areas suitable for non-surgical skin tightening
- Eyelids: wrinkles and lines around eyes, crepey eyelid skin, hooding of eyelids
- Mid and lower face: prominent laugh lines and marionette lines, sagging skin, heavy jawline and jowls
- Neck: loose skin
- Body and limb: loose skin, wrinkles and sagging
- Hands: loose skin, thin skin
Types of non-surgical skin tightening procedures
- Radiofrequency skin tightening: Thermage FLX, Viora, Truscupt iD
- Ultrasound skin tightening: Ultherapy
- Infra-red light skin tightening: SkinTyte
- Laser skin tightening: YouLaser MT
- Jet volumetric remodeling (JVR): Enerjet
- Thermal mechanical remodeling: Tixel Pro
Thermage FLX skin tightening
Thermage FLX skin tightening uses monopolar radiofrequency to tighten loose and sagging skin. It is safe for all skin types.
Advantages of the Thermage FLX skin tightening
- FLX stands for Faster aLgorithm Experience: it takes 30 minutes to treat a face
- Effective: Thermage tip tunes RF energy before every pulse
- Comfortable: there is multidirectional vibration during treatment
- Safe to treat over upper eyelids
- Results are seen after one treatment
- No downtime
Results after Thermage FLX skin tightening
- Smooth and tight skin with less sagging
- Redefined contours
- Softening of wrinkles and fine lines on the face and body
- Results improve over 4-6 months and can last 12-18 months
Viora RF for non-surgical skin tightening
Viora RF uses Channeling Optimized RF Energy (CORE) which delivers different levels of bipolar RF energy into different depths in the skin to stimulate collagen production in various skin layers. It also has a special handpiece to address fine wrinkles and small areas like the upper lip.
The Viora RF non-surgical skin tightening improves skin in various ways
- RF energy : stimulates collagen and increases skin elasticity
- Deep tissue heating: promotes the breakdown of fat cells
- Mechanical stretch: activate fibroblasts to produce collagen
- Reaction and V-form: stimulates lymphatic drainage
Cutera Truscupt iD for skin tightening
- Uses radiofrequency technology to reduce fat and treat skin laxity
- Can treat different areas at the same time
- Comfortable and does not require anaesthesia
Ultherapy non-surgical skin tightening
Ultherapy uses high intensity ultrasound with visualisation to heat skin at specific depths and locations to induce collagen production and help skin become firmer. It is USA-FDA cleared to lift skin on the eyebrow, under the chin and the neck. It is also USA-FDA cleared for improving lines and wrinkles on the décolletage.
Sciton SkinTyte (infrared light) for non-surgical skin tightening
- The Sciton SkinTyte skin tightening treatment utilizes infrared light technology, and patient tailored filters to deeply heat dermal collagen while continuously protecting the entire treated area with sapphire contact cooling.
- There is no need for topical anaesthesia.
- The infra-red light energy is delivered in rapid, gentle pulses to promote partial denaturation and contraction of the collagen, initiating the body’s natural healing process, leading to firmer and more youthful skin.
- A series of 3 to 5 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart are typical for most patients.
- Full results often take up to 4 months as the collagen foundation of the skin is rebuilt and strengthened.
- The Sciton SkinTyte treatment offers fast, safe and effective treatments tailored for all skin types
Laser for non-surgical skin tightening (YouLaser MT)
Non-surgical skin tightening can be achieved with the YouLaser MT, which uses a combination of ablative and non-ablative technology to treat skin laxity and wrinkles.
- It is a dual laser consisting of a fractional ablative CO2 10600nm laser and a non-ablative GaAs1540nm laser using Mixed Technology.
- With mixed technology, it combines the benefits of both lasers with less downtime and side-effects.
- It can also smooth scars, minimise pore size, and treats skin dyschromia.
- Patients benefit from the effects of two lasers within one treatment setting.
Jet Volumetric remodelling (JVR) Enerjet for non-surgical skin tightening
- Jet Volumetric remodelling (JVR) Enerjet uses needle-free Jet Volumetric Remodelling™ (JVR) to deliver kinetic energy and a jet of hyaluronic acid or other active molecules in the outer layer of the skin, (the epidermis) via a tiny entry point (which is 200 microns in size) and leaving no visible sign of entry.
- The pneumatic jets disperse the active ingredients into the deeper layers of the skin to produce microtrauma and hydrate the tissue.
- The controlled micro trauma helps to stimulate new collagen production as a wound healing response by the body.
- This rejuvenates, thickens and lifts the skin structures for a more long-term effect.
Thermal mechanical remodeling: Tixel Pro for non-surgical skin tightening
- Thermal mechanical remodeling (Tixel Pro) uses thermo-mechanical action to transfer heat to the skin quickly and safely.
- The energy is emitted through a matrix of tiny pyramid-shaped pins.
- The pins are heated to a temperature of 400 Degree celcius, similar to the temperature generated by the CO2 laser beam.
- During treatment, the thermal energy stored in the pins are rapidly transferred to the skin within a few milliseconds and this stimulates collagen and elastic tissue.