Non-surgical facial shaping is often sought after by both the young and the old. For the young, they are looking to enhance the facial contour. For the older person, it is often to reverse the signs of aging and lift the sagging skin
Procedures for non-surgical facial shaping
- Dermal fillers for skin lifting and contouring
- Neuromodulators/ wrinkle injections
- Non-surgical skin lifting
- Radiofrequency skin lifting: Thermage FLX
- Ultrasound skin tightening: Ultherapy
- Jet volumetric remodelling (JVR) : Enerjet
- Absorbable thread lifts: PDO, Silhouette thread, happy lifts
- Ablative laser to tighten skin: Youlaser MT
Non-surgical procedure to improve a square jaw
A square jaw is often due to large masseters (the muscles used for chewing). Botulinum neurotoxin can be injected into the masseters. This reduces the masseter bulk and slims down the lower face, giving it a more oval shape and a less angular jawline.
Sometimes enlarged parotid (salivary) glands can contribute to square jaw. This is often treated with neuromodulator injection to reduce the fullness of the jawline.
Dermal fillers are often added to give a more defined contour to the lower face