Non-surgical fat reduction is a non-invasive procedure to reduce fat in problem areas of the body and neck. This results in noticeable, natural-looking fat reduction in the treated areas of men and women. Most patients will experience an average 20% reduction in fat in the area treated. However, visible results can vary based on the patients’ initial fat deposits in the area treated.
The dead fat cells are naturally processed by the liver and in a few months are removed in a similar way to how dietary fat is processed in the body. You will start to see changes as early as 3 weeks after the procedure, and will experience better results after 2-3 months. Results are lasting and cumulative as long as you maintain your weight with diet and exercise. There is no risk of fat from other areas moving over to the treated area to compensate.
Non-surgical fat reduction treatments can reduce fat in the following areas
- Abdomen and “”muffin top””
- Flanks and love handles
- Back fat
- Inner and outer thighs, and saddle bags
- Arms and axillary puffs
- Submentum (below chin)
- Male breast
Non-surgical fat reduction can be achieved by the following procedures
- Fat Freezing( cryolipolysis) : CoolScupting by Zeltiq
- Radiofrequency lipolysis :TruScupt iD
- Laser lipolysis
- Injection lipolysis
Non-surgical fat reduction with Cryolipolysis by Zeltiq
Cryolipolysis or CoolScupting by Zeltiq is a non-invasive procedure that is USA-FDA cleared to effectively reduce fat in problem areas of the body.
- The CoolSculpting procedure does not “freeze fat.”
- The system uses a patented cooling technology that targets, cools and eliminates fat cells without damage to neighbouring tissue.
- It is based on the principal that fat cells are more vulnerable to cooling than surrounding tissues.
- A non-invasive applicator is attached to the targeted area to extract energy from the underlying fat tissue, while protecting the skin, nerves, muscles and other tissue.
- The cooled fat cells undergo apoptosis (controlled cell death) and are gradually eliminated, reducing the thickness of the fat layer.
The Coolscupting by Zeltiq fat reduction procedure
- During the procedure, the appropriate cool advantage non-invasive applicator is position at the area of the fat bulge
- The applicator will then gently draw the bulge up between two cooling panels. The sensation is a firm pull
- The bulge is cooled and the fat cells are exposed to controlled cooling. When fat cells are exposed to cooling, it triggers a process of natural removal, which gradually reduces the thickness of the fat layer. The result is a reduction in fat bulges that is visible in most patients in two months
- As the cooling panels go to work in the first few minutes, you will feel a sensation of intense cold. This soon dissipates.
- During the 35 minutes procedure, you will not feel any pain or discomfort. Most people spend this time reading, working on their lap top, watching movies, listen to music or even taking a nap. No pain medication is needed
Advantages of the CoolSculpting by Zeltiq fat reduction
- Short treatment time of 35 minutes per area with the cool advantage applicators.
- Comfortable and convenient: you can have the treatment during lunch time
- No downtime: you can resume normal activities including exercises immediately
- Minimal and temporary side-effects: Some patients may experience redness, minor bruising, tingling or numbness in the treated area
- New applicators, called the cool advantage series, are developed to treat larger area in a shorter time and with greater comfort
Non-surgical fat reduction with Cutera TruScupt iD Radiofrequency
Cutera TruScupt iD fat reduction is a USA-FDA approved radiofrequency technology to deliver heat to the entire fat layer (while maintaining a comfortable skin temperature) for non -surgical fat removal. Multiple handpieces are placed over the fat areas and the areas treated for 15 minutes. An average of 24% fat cells are damaged and the fat cells are slowly removed through the body over a 12-week process.
Advantages of the Cutera TruScuplt iD fat reduction
- Single treatment time of 15 minutes
- Many areas can be treated in one session eg abdomen and thighs
- It can treat small pockets of fat
- Comfortable and painless. Patient may feel a warm sensation
Non-surgical fat reduction by laser lipolysis
Laser fat reduction uses specific laser wavelength or low level laser energy to heat fat tissues. The destroyed fat is slowly eliminated by the body. Treatment takes 25 minutes per area and patients will feel a warm sensation
Non-surgical fat reduction by injection lipolysis
Deoxycholic acid breaks down fat during digestion.
- Kybella is an injectable deoxycholic acid that is USA-FDA approved for fat reduction.
- Most patients require 2-4 treatments, spaced one month apart for optimal results
- Little or no downtime is required and most patients return to full activity in 2 days.
- Common side effects include temporary mild swelling, numbness, redness, and bruising at the treatment side.