Keloids are overgrown, raised, discoloured scars resulting from inflammation or skin injury. Keloids form when the body continues to create new tissue, the scar tissue, during the healing process after an injury, without stopping when it should. Some people are genetically predisposed to keloid growths.
Causes of Keloids
- Can appear anywhere on the body but are most commonly found on the breastbone, earlobes, jawline, shoulders
- After skin injury like surgery, ear piercings, tattoos, lacerations, and burns.
- After skin inflammation like acne, chickenpox, ingrown hairs, bug bites, vaccination,
Treatment of Keloids
- Injections- Steroid, 5 Fluro-uracil, Neurotoxin injections
- Laser treatment – Vascular or fractional laser
- Jet Volumetric remodeling (Enerjet)