Excessive sweating also known as hyperhidrosis is a condition when the perspiration is excessive It can affect any area of your body, but is most common in the underarms, palms, and soles of the feet.
Causes of excessive sweating
- Primary hyperhidrosis is usually inherited. It begins in childhood and worsens with puberty
- Secondary hyperhidrosis is secondary to medical conditions, medication, spinal cord injury and menopause
Treatment of excessive sweating
- Anti–perspirant is used to reduce sweating and help with body odour.
- Iontophoresis is a treatment for excessive sweating where ionized substance, usually water is introduced through intact skin by the application of a direct current. It is a simple and safe treatment and is convenient as you can do the treatment at home.
- Neuromodulators are injected to reduce the activity of sweat glands
- MiraDry is a non-invasive treatment that provides a safe and lasting solution to excessive underarm sweating. The technology is approved by FDA for providing lasting results