The Ultherapy (MFU-V) is the only USA-FDA cleared, non-invasive procedure that lifts the neck, chin and brow and improves lines and wrinkles on the upper chest. Ultherapy (MFU-V) uses high intensity microfocus ultrasound with visualisation (MFU-V) in a single treatment to achieve a fresh and youthful look from the brow to the chest.
The Ultherapy (MFU-V) is effective for
- Non-surgical skin tightening and lifting in the face, neck, chest and arms
- Lowered eyebrow line and droopy brows
- Sagging skin on eyelid and under-eye
- Jowls and sagging on the lower face
- Sagging skin on the neck
- Sagging skin on undersides of the upper arm
- Sagging upper inner thighs
- Skin above the knees
- Treats fine lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks
The Ultherapy (MFU-V) technology
- High-intensity micro-focused ultrasound is delivered via 3 different transducers to 3 layers of the skin:
- The SMAS (subcutaneous musculo-aponeurotic system)
- The reticular dermis and
- The papillary dermis
- There is real-time visualisation during the treatment to determine the location of the different skin layers and the bone. This allows the ultrasound energy to be delivered to the correct skin layer for maximal accuracy and effectiveness. The ultrasound image on the screen will move as the transducer moves and this distinguishes Ultherapy (MFU-V) from the other ultrasound machine
- Ultherapy (MFU-V) sends bursts of finely tuned ultrasound energy at consistently spaced intervals and at precise depths to the SMAS and the skin.
- Ultherapy (MFU-V) ultrasound energy creates thermal coagulation points to induce thermal injury and skin healing response
- The ultrasound energy causes collagen to contract and tighten and over time produces new and strong collagen, giving the skin a lifted, firm and smooth look.
- The tissue is heated at a consistent temperature of 60-70 degrees Celsius
- The SMAS layer is where plastic surgeons traditionally target to give skin the desired lift during surgery. Ultherapy (MFU-V) treats the SMAS in a similar way without surgery, giving a non-surgical skin lifting.
The Ultherapy (MFU-V) treatment procedure
- Topical and oral analgesic is given before the procedure
- The ultrasound transducers are applied on the skin and with the aid of visualisation the ultrasound energy is delivered into the SMAS and the skin. 3 tissue layers are treated at 1.5mm,3.0 mm and 4.5 mm depth
- You may feel some discomfort during the procedure
- Post-treatment you may feel some soreness. There may be some skin redness, swelling, welts and mild bruising which spontaneously resolve over a few days.
- Results are seen within the first 3 months and continue even after that. Results are maintained for a year or more.