Forever Young BBL by Sciton is a non –invasive skin rejuvenation procedure which can reprogram your skin to look young. The Forever Young BBL uses a broad band light (BBL) to deliver light and heat energy into the layers of the skin to prevent skin aging at a genetic level
Key points of Forever Young BBL
- Improve skin imperfections – pigments and uneven skin tone, redness and broken veins
- Maintain healthy skin
- Delay skin aging
- Safe for all skin types
The Forever Young BBL treats a number of skin conditions, including
- Texture problems: fine lines and wrinkles, large pores
- Pigmentation, brown spot, freckles and uneven skin tone
- Sun-damaged skin
- Facial veins and capillaries
- Active acne
- Any area of the body where an improvement in your skin’s firmness, clarity and texture is desired. Popular areas include the face, neck, abdomen and hands.
The Forever Young BBL technology
- The Forever Young BBL broadband light covers a wide range of wavelengths from visible light to infrared light
- By selecting the appropriate wavelength or filter, Dr Joyce Lim will be able to treat a broad range of skin conditions caused by skin aging and sun exposure
- The Forever Young BBL broadband light gently heats up the upper layers of the skin, thereby stimulating your skin cells to generate new collagen. This process helps restore the skin to its natural stage.
- In addition, the BBL broadband light energy targets and eliminates many of the fine vessels that cause redness
- The BBL broadband light removes unwanted melanin responsible for pigmented lesions and uneven skin tone.
The science behind the Forever Young BBL
The Forever Young BBL can cause a functional change in the regulators of aging and triggers a series of events to halt skin aging. Forever Young BBL treatments done regularly every year can delay the signs of aging
- The Forever Young BBL treatments can change the expression of genes associated with the aging process to more closely resemble young skin. This finding was published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology August 2012
- Regulators of aging can be altered in human skin using the Forever Young BBL technology to provide a functional change, rather than just a cosmetic mimic of youthful appearance.
- Forever Young BBL treatments promote the appearance of youthful skin.
- This study reveals that the appearance of young skin may be due to the differences observed in gene expression patterns of aged skin becoming more like young skin.
The Forever Young BBL treatment procedure
- Your eyes will be protected with safety shields
- A cold gel is applied to the area to be treated and the appropriate filter is chosen
- The BBL handpiece is gently applied to the skin to deliver pulses of light
- The BBL broadband light is non-invasive and safe with minimal discomfort. You may briefly feel a rubber band snap or warm sensation as the light is absorbed by the targeted areas
- A smaller spot adaptor is used to treat small areas or curved areas
- The BBL procedure takes 20-30 minutes depending on the area being treated.
- You may experience some mild redness in the treated area immediately after which should resolve within the hour. For some pigmented lesions you will see a darkening of the treated areas followed by fading and flaking off at a later stage.